2. Personal Data Which We Collect About You
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier and an encrypted version of your login/password. If you interact with us through social media, this may include your social media user-name.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Tracking Data includes information we or others collect about you from cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as web beacons, pixels, and mobile identifiers.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving direct marketing from us.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose.
Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. To provide better content and service, Lekker Bike’s website uses the google analytics service. Google Analytics record basic interactions with website pages and basic demographic information. Google Analytics does not track your browsing habits across other third-party websites and all information about you which reaches Google Analytics contains no personal data about you.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Remember, if you choose not to share personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide the products and services you’ve asked for.
3. How Is Your Personal Data Collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you, including:
Personal data you provide when you:
- sign up to receive the Lekker Bikes newsletter;
- make enquiries or request information be sent to you;
- create an account on our website;
- order our products or services;
- ask for marketing materials to be sent to you;
- engage with us on social media;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- contact customer services; or
- leave comments or reviews on our products or services (please be kind!).
Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with us, including via the Lekker Bikes website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We may also collect Tracking Data when you use our website, or when you click on one of our adverts.
- Technical Data and/or Tracking Data from analytics providers, advertising networks and search information providers;
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of payment and fraud prevention services;
- Identity and Contact Data from data partners; and
- Data from any third parties who are permitted by law or have your permission to share your personal data with us, such as via social media or review sites. We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to.
Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you. For example, when you purchase our products, that’s a contract.Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. For example, when we carry out fraud screening as part of the check-out process.We may use your personal information for the below reasons, as well:
- communicate with you in a personal way or to inform you about Lekker Bikes products or services;
- provide customer service, including service around the purchase of services and products, fulfil warranty
- obligations and product recalls for our own services and those of related companies, and to deal with any
- enquiries or complaints;
- administer and fulfil your purchases of Lekker Bikes products including the financial and logistic handling;
- administer your account;
- administer your participation in any contests, promotions, surveys or website features;
- perform market research and improve our business, services and Lekker Bikes products;
- perform statistical analyses and reporting;
- providing services on the Internet;
- communicating with participants and offering a loyalty program;
- to communicate future promotional and marketing information including direct marketing purposes and retargeting;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements;
- as otherwise stated at or about the time information is collected.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than where the law requires it, for example in relation to sending certain direct marketing communications. Where our legal basis is consent, you have the right to withdraw consent any time.
5. Advertising, Marketing and Your Communications Preferences
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Tracking, Usage and Profile Data to form a picture of what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you and tell you about them. This is what we call direct marketing.
We may carry out direct marketing by email only with your consent. For example, if you have consented to receive direct marketing emails, you might have the Lekker Bikes newsletter hit your inbox.
On our website, we always try hard to make it really clear what we are doing and what communications you will be sent, whether it’s you deciding to sign up to the Lekker Bikes newsletter or as part of creating an account or the purchase journey –and you have a right at any time to change your mind and say no thank you and opt out (but we’d be really sorry to see you go, so please gives us a chance by fine tuning your preferences before really leaving us!). The easiest way to opt out is to use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the communication.
Of course, there are lots of different ways you’ll see adverts for Lekker Bikes out and about, and not all of these are based on using personal data – sometimes we just buy good old-fashioned advertising space in the real world and websites and social media.
We also work with partners to try and promote the reach of our adverts and use analytics and retargeting for this reason. We use the tracking data to deliver relevant online advertising, including via websites and social media.
Cookies can also tell us if you have seen a specific advert, and how long it has been since you have seen it. This is helpful, because it means we can control the effectiveness of our adverts and control the number of times people might be shown our adverts (you know, before we start annoying you). Cookies also help us understand if you’ve opened a marketing email because we don’t want to send you things you don’t read.
If you want more information about Tracking Data, in particular cookies, see Cookies below.
You can see from advertising, marketing and your communications preferences above, that cookies are a tool which we (and everyone else who operates online) uses for advertising. That is just part of why cookies are used. Generally, they are pretty clever.
Cookies help www.lekkerbikes.com work better and provide lots of help in the background to make the process of being a www.lekkerbikes.com customer a lot easier. You’d miss a lot of these things if they were gone –like it being easy to log in and move from page to page, and things staying in your cart while you go off and look at other pages.
Other cookies collect information about how visitors use www.lekkerbikes.com, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and used to improve how www.lekkerbikes.com works. There are also cookies that allow www.lekkerbikes.com to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features.
There are cookies that collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising delivered to you more relevant to you and your interests (see Advertising, marketing and your communications preferences above). They are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
When you use www.lekkerbikes.com, your device or browser may be sent cookies from third parties, for example when using embedded content and social network links. It’s important for you to know that we have no access to or control over cookies used by these companies or third-party websites. We suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
Almost all the cookies that relate to advertising are part of third party online advertising networks. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
7. Disclosures of Your Personal Data
We may share personal data with the following third parties: Our subsidiaries and affiliates; contractors, suppliers and service providers (such as technology service providers, payment processing and fraud prevention providers, manufacturers and post and courier services) and other third parties we may use to support our business.
We may share personal data with a buyer or successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Lekker Bikes’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Lekker Bikes about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
Lekker Bikes may also share your data with third parties connected to advertising, retargeting and analytics. Please see Cookies above, including the cookie list, for more information about who those third parties are.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our General Terms and Conditions and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Lekker Bikes, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Lekker Bikes accepts all major Credit Cards and Paypal for payments made for products and services via the Website. All online payments will be conducted in accordance with Payment Card Industry (PCI) data security standards (which are high!) and your billing information details are communicated directly from your browser to these payment processors –Lekker Bikes never (ever!) sees your full account number. This means that the payment form is either off-site or displayed in a frame on the payment page.9. International Transfers
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the United States to affiliated companies, we will comply with applicable data protection law.
10. Data Security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone./
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
11. Third Party Links
12. Data Retention
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Please note that we keep out financial and transaction records for seven years in accordance with tax and accounting regulations.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data; see Your legal rights below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
13. Your Legal Rights
- The right of access – that’s a right to make what’s known as a ‘data subject access request’ for copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- The right to rectification – that’s a right to make us correct personal data about you that may be incomplete or inaccurate;
- The right to delete – you have the right to make us delete your personal data, however we will not delete it without a request from you.
These rights are subject to certain rules around when you can exercise them.If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us (see How to contact Lekker Bikes about privacy).
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Please contact us in the first instance if you have any questions or concerns.
14. How to Contact Lekker Bikes about privacy
If you need help about our products and services, or this website generally, please contact us via LiveChat or firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. A Request From Us to You
Effective Date: 14th of October, 2021
Last Updated on: 14th of October, 2021
Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device (“personal information“). Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers through our Website or other means within the last twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, address, and telephone number.
Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
|D. Commercial information.||Records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.|
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Website.
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request aprice quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to Know and Data Portability
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months (the “right to know”). Once we receive your request and confirm your identity (see Exercising Your Rights to Know or Delete), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions (the “right to delete”). Once we receive your request and confirm your identity (see Exercising Your Rights to Know or Delete), we will review your request to see if an exception allowing us to retain the information applies. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
We will delete or deidentify personal information not subject to one of these exceptions from our records and will direct our service providers to take similar action.
Exercising Your Rights to Know or Delete
To exercise your rights to know or delete described above, please submit a request by either:
- Emailing us at email@example.com.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request to know or delete related to your personal information.
You may also make a request to know or delete on behalf of your child by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may only submit a request to know twice within a 12-month period. Your request to know or delete must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative, which may include:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
You do not need to create an account with us to submit a request to know or delete. However, we do consider requests made through your password protected account sufficiently verified when the request relates to personal information associated with that specific account.
We will only use personal information provided in the request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make it.
For instructions on exercising your sale opt-out or opt-in rights, see Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to substantively respond to a verifiable consumer request within one (1) month of its receipt. If we require more time (up to another one (1) month), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt-in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
Other California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
If you need to access this Policy in an alternative format due to having a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.